Click HERE to register online!
Click HERE to download a printable form!
The date for the 2014 Cavanal Killer is May 10, 2014.
The Cavanal Killer is a 5 Mile Walk/Run to the top of the World's Highest Hill, Cavanal Hill. Held in May each year, generally the 2nd Saturday of each month. The 5 mile climb to the top of Cavanal Hill is an intense climb. Participants will gaining 1500' altitude with an average gradient of 8%, some sections tilting upward at 14%. This walk/run is not to be taken lightly and is also rewarding.
Entry forms are not available at this time but will be posted once available.
Early Registration $20. Late Registration is $25.00 Any one who registers after April 23, will not be guaranteed a t-shirt. There will be no exceptions.
Runners: Pre-Registration & Check In begins at 7:30am; Run begins at 8:15am
Walkers: Pre-Registration & Check In begins at 8:30am; Walk begins at 9:30am
Beginning Point: Poteau Primary, 407 Hughes Drive, Poteau, OK 74953
Pre-Event Spaghetti Dinner: There will be a pre-carb spaghetti dinner on Friday, May 9 at the Donald W. Reynolds Community Center from 6pm - 8pm. Each registrant will receive free entry. Additional plates may be purchased for $6 each.
This is not a race, however, trophies are given for 1st, 2nd & 3rd place in the run and walk. A trophy is also given for the Largest Group/Organization that participates.
- Wear comfortable shoes & clothing.
- Water and fruit will be provided at stations on the way, but participants are encouraged to bring their own water.
- Snacks and a light lunch will be provided at the topfor participants.
- Before beginning the walk/run, all participants should carefully determine that they are physically fit and medically able to participate in the annual walk/run since the physical strain of the walk/run could lead to serious health problems.
- Participants should also understand that walking/running involves risk of injury from falls due to the surface condition of the hill, contact ith other participants, and the effects of the weather, including heat and/or humidity.
- For the safety of all volunteers and participants, we ask that you DO NOT drive personal vehicles to the top of the hill or that you do not call and ask for personal transportation back down the hill. We will be providing transportation from the top back to the Elementary school beginning at about 11:00am. We apologize for any inconvenience but appreciate your cooperation.
Sponsorships Now Available! Call 918-647-9178 FMI